After seeing my younger siblings prance about on the roof, I endeavored to jump up on it last night, as there was a beautiful sun set. Unfortunately, my confidence in my own roof-hopping abilities (which is usually very strong, due to a good hop-able roof at home) was quite low. Previously, I had attempted a run-and-hop roof jump where I did not quite make it, slowly teetering backwards with a scraped knee. Ouch.
But the sun set of purple and pink beckoned, and I was in an adventurous mood.
So I brought a blanket and my camera and put them on the steep roof. Then I set my foot onto our railing and clambered up, after obtaining more scrapes on my knee and hands. But it was worth it. I precariously seated myself on the ridge against the house, leaned back and snapped a few shots under my cozy blanket.
Enjoy the fruits of my labor.
P.S. ( How did I get down? Sliding off the blanket of course!)
Isabel
I don't have a picture of the layout of the deck and the steep roof, but the photos are astonishing. They make it look like you are out in the country! Maybe because it is getting dark, I don't see neighboring rooftops.
ReplyDeleteYour story of climbing on the roof reminds me of my corner room in San Francisco in the mid-1960's. I had a view of a run-down building diagonally across the street known locally as "The Crystal Palace," because druggies lived there. One lovely evening the ridge of the roof (four stories up) was lined with people sitting and watching the sunset. No one fell off. It was a poignant and terrifying sight, that I have never forgotten.
Bruises? QUITE THE ANNOYANCE
ReplyDeleteLOVE LENI