Saturday, June 16, 2012

First Fall

 This house is soooooo amazing!!!!!

The stairs going up are so steep...


YESTERDAY: I was running downstairs and fell down on them

BOOM... BOOM... BOOM




OW


~ Sophie

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Sophie! It reminds me of A. A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh: "Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there really is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it."

    Grandma Judith and I are thrilled you are there! I need to look up plane tickets.

    Oh, there is a book about Pearl Buck, that describes her and her husband's house in a rural village in China, a century ago. (I think the book is called "Pearl Buck in China" -- highly recommended.) The local women had never seen stairs inside a house. They went up, and then didn't know how to get down. Her friend slid down on her backside.

    love
    Grandfather Brown

    ReplyDelete