Thursday, July 5, 2012

So this is my first blog update, as a response to the millions of requests to go and write something. I guess I'm perty popular. Well NY has been constant entertainment plus sightseeing, and awkward encounters with "typical Newyorkers." We went to see Fireworks yesterday at Coney Island and weren't able to get a parking spot so we stopped and  watched from far off, only to find more fireworks nearby our house which we watched off of our rooftop.

The family has gone to the beach a whole lot, since its SUPER HOT lately. I got buried in the sand(PICTURE), pops and I have been playing lots of Frisbee, and waves have been just about insane lately. Waves insane meaning being able to ride them up onto the shore and having sand imprints in our foreheads.

I have been really into basketball lately and play at a court several blocks down(although on the court I make the blocks). The teens that show up talk lots of trash talk, and usually have something to smoke. I've played a couple pick up games, and two people challenged me to 1on 1. I accepted and the first game, I was up 8 to 1, then continued to go on a hot streak. Then my opponent got a little dirty, fouling here and there, hanging    on my arms as I attempted layups and the like, and before I knew it he caught up with me and we were tied 15-15. He then shot some crazy threes, and.... yes they went in, but.... yerssss, he beat me 17-21 on 3 consecutive 3s, one which banked in, one a swish, and one that hit the rim and somehow rolled in. Yes I acted like nothing happened and congratulated him, but the next game I decided not to let my lead slip. So the next 1V1 I just smoked my man.

Well if you got through all that boring stuff, well.... I don't know. Good job. But mostly in basketball I really want to dunk. I had broken my foot recently and was unable to train for quite a while. Now I am working on a 12 week program of sprinting and weightlifting. I can hang on the rim with ease now, but that isn't enough.

Xavier has had lots of fun, but has had many crabby streaks(I have also I must confess) He is now at the age where I feel I should be recording all the funny things he does, such as scaring my parents when he just innocently hiding behind the couch playing on my moms phone, then hopping out yelling, "mom, I just got MR CUDDLES! haha-- MOM MOM I just played for 4 HOURS!!!! hahaha", or watching Sophie play a game and say "what the haywagons, your crazy", or better(worse for me), waking me up in the morning via water bottle sploosh in face method.

Apparently we now have someone living in our basement. Thats cool. Isabel has made insane amazing deserts every single day to keep us happy(just about every kind of berry cobbler, peach ice-cream, souffles in the mornings, chocolate cookies and the like, plus dinners sometimes.

Now that my brain is unable to produce any words, I will post some photos,
Elizabeth Ann Seton... Chapel?
 E




Time Square


Grand Central terminal

brooklyn bridge


Rockaway beach- boat game is to let the tide pick up the boat and it gets carried away

Add caption



~Seb.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing the photos. The apartment building in the background is a reminder of the urban location. Where I grew up in San Francisco was like that, with houses next to the ocean, except the buildings were not more than three stories.

    ReplyDelete